With Western Union, you can send money to loved ones across the US. Transfer money for cash pickup at more than 61,0001 agent locations or send money directly to a US bank account. We make surprising your friends and supporting your family across all 50 states simple.
FX: 1.00 USD =
Send money now
Be informed. Be aware.Protect yourself from fraud
We encrypt your transfers
We are committed to keeping your data secure
We’ve sent money around the world for over 150 years
Choose how you want to send money to the US
Western Union’s domestic transfer options make it easy to send money anywhere in America – from Alaska to Florida, Maine to Hawaii. Choose how you make your money transfer, how you pay for it, and how your loved ones receive their funds.
To a bank account
Send money to a US bank account online or from an agent location.Send money now
On the go, online or on the phone
Send money online or with our mobile app. You can also call 1-800-CALL-CASH® (1-800-225-5227) to send money within the US.Send online
Send money to US agent locations for cash pickup. Choose from more than 61,0001 agent locations across the country.Find an agent location
Pay your way to send money across the US
Pay with a credit2 or debit card, Apple Pay®
Directly from your bank account
Cash at an agent location
Send money in a few taps with our app
Send money at home, at work or when you’re out running errands.
Use your app to start off a money transfer and pay cash at an agent location.
Save your friends’ and family’s details to make quick future money transfers.
Scan the QR code to download the WU app.
Send money online across the US
Send money across the US 24/7.
Make money transfers from your own home.
Pay with your debit/credit card2 or bank account.
Start sending money to the United States today
With the My WU℠ program, you’ll earn points every time you send money to anyone in the US. You can trade these in for discounts and rewards.
Join My WU℠
Schedule your payments
Sometimes, you might want to wait until payday or a special occasion to make a money transfer. We make it simple to schedule payments in advance.
Track your money transfers
Follow your funds from Colorado to Kentucky using your tracking number (MTCN). You’ll get a text or email notification when it’s arrived with your receiver.
Join for free
It’s free to register with Western Union. Register to start sending money to your loved ones in the United States.
Send money around the US
It’s simple to send money to US bank accounts or agent locations.
Transfer money online, with our app, or come see us in person. Call us on 1-800-CALL-CASH®(1-800-225-5227).
Once your money transfer’s been processed, your loved ones can pick up cash at more than 61,0001 agent locations across all 50 states. Alternatively, they can get their money sent straight to their bank account.
However you choose to send money to loved ones in the US, you’ll get a fast, reliable service.Send now
Find an agent
Frequently asked questions
How do I send money to a US bank account?
- Register for a free Western Union profile, or log in.
- Next, choose ‘Send now’.
- Enter United States as your location and the amount of money you want to transfer.
- Choose ‘Bank account’.
- Enter your receiver’s details4 and pay by cash or card.
- Check your email for your unique tracking number (MTCN). Track your money transfer and share it with your receiver so they can pick up their cash.
How do I send money to the US from an agent location?
- Start by finding an agent location near you.
- Bring your ID and head to the counter. You’ll also need your receiver’s bank details4, address and phone number.
- Pay by credit card2/debit card, cash or bank transfer.
- Note down your tracking number (MTCN). Share this with your receiver so they can collect their cash.
How long will a money transfer take throughout the United States?
The amount of time it takes to send money to the US depends on the transfer and payment method you choose.
- If you send money for cash pickup at an agent location, it can arrive within minutes5.
- A Direct to Bank deposit typically takes between two and five business days but could vary depending on bank processing times.
Where can I send money for cash pickup across the US?
You can send money to any US state for cash pickup. Your receiver can then pick up their cash at any agent location within that state. If you need to change the pickup state after you’ve confirmed the money transfer, you must request a payout location change. Contact customer care to complete a location change.
What do I need to send money in the US?
Before you start sending money to your loved ones in the United States, you’ll need to provide us with some information to verify your profile and payment.
- Your government-issued ID.
- Your credit card2/debit card or bank account information, depending on how you want to pay for your transaction.
- Your receiver’s first and last name as it appears on their ID.
- Your receiver’s bank details4 and address, if you are sending to a receiver’s bank account.
What security measures are in place?
We encrypt all our transfers to help protect your money. But there’s always more to do in the fight against fraud. Find out more by visiting our fraud center.
How to send money across the United States?
- Register for a free profile or log in. Choose ‘Send now’ to start your money transfer.
- Choose United States as your location and enter how much you’d like to send.
- Select how you want to send your money. Send money to a US bank account or choose from one of more than 61,0001 agent locations. At this point, you’ll get an idea of your transfer fees3 and delivery times.
- Pay for your transfer to start sending money to United States bank accounts or agent locations. You can pay by bank transfer, debit/credit card2 or cash.
- We’ll take care of the rest. Check your inbox for your tracking number (MTCN). You can use this to keep tabs on your money transfer and get a notification when it arrives. Share this with your loved ones so they can receive their funds.
1 Agent locations count valid as of September 30, 2021.
2 If you’re using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. To avoid these fees or for reduced fees, use a debit card or check other payment methods.
3 Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
4 Please make sure that the receiver’s name accurately matches the details of the bank account owner. (Account details may vary by country.)
5 Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. For mobile transactions funds will be paid to receiver’s mWallet account provider for credit to account tied to receiver’s mobile number. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. See the transfer form for restrictions.